Is the driver an RPM, wish I knew what that question meant, the only RPM I know of refers to motors revolutions per minute.
If it helps I found a download for a driver on Samsungs web page it has a name of "20060725141238437_lpp-1.25-68.tar.gz", I went to Samsung after I read on an Ubuntu forum that the recommended foo driver does not work well.
These are the directions given by Samsung to install, but I'm struggling with them also.
[linux Printer Driver Install Guide]
1. Make sure that you connect your machine to your computer.
Turn both the computer and the machine on.
2. When the Administrator Login window appears, type in root in the Login field
and enter the system password.
3. Download and extract the driver
[root@localhost root]#tar xzf [Downloaded File Name(XXXX.tar.gz)]
4. The driver will be extracted as ''image'' folder in current path.
5. Execute installation program.
6. When the welcome screen appears, click ''Next'' and proceed installation.